VP/Director of Operations
The Stamford Downtown Special Services District (District) is a highly visible, community-oriented, non-profit Business Improvement District responsible for creating, managing and promoting a quality environment for people, which enhances the economic vitality of Stamford Downtown. We are seeking a high-energy individual to serve as Director of Operations who will orchestrate initiatives to enhance the physical characteristics and public perception of the District, foster appropriate land use and development in the District and manage the District’s technology needs.
The Director of Operations will report to the President of the District.
Start date late 2016 or early 2017.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Monitor and address all issues dealing with the physical attributes of the district
· Contract for and direct management of security, cleaning, snow removal and tech services
· Direct Streetscape Coordinator’s management of landscape efforts
· Oversee office tech including computer hardware, software, peripherals, networks, backups, security, website, e-mail, ID scanners, telecommunications, etc.
· Track and analyze district Grand List, event statistics, parking use, etc.
· Develop positive relationships, partnerships and collaborations with downtown stakeholders as well as city staff and elected officials through personal contact and involvement in other organizations and committees.
· Represent the District’s interests in regard to traffic, parking, transportation and walkability.
· Represent the District’s interests in planning and zoning issues and citywide development.
· Represent the District at public meetings and forums.
· Prepare in advance a highly detailed yearlong vision, timeline, work plan and budget
· Manage 1 to 2 internal staff positions.
· Keep district stakeholders informed of construction, land use or other issues that might impact their interests
· Facilitate internal and external committees and boards
· Work in tandem with President on Economic Development issues
· Sit on outside boards and committees as necessary
· Take a role in and attend all district Signature Events
SALARY: 90 to 105k annually depending on experience; benefit package
DEADLINE: Friday, November 11, 2016.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume (pdf format, First name & Last name) to: email@example.com
· BA/BS degree and a minimum of five years of relevant professional experience
· Ideal candidate will have a background/experience in economic development and/or project management
· Management experience
· Knowledge of principles and practices of community outreach and development
· Strong customer service and interpersonal communications skills required
· Proficient in Mac and PC computer platforms and the ability to master emerging technology#stamforddowntown