Saturday, July 16, 2016

Summer Intern corner is back for another year! Melanie's first few weeks:

 What is it like to be a summer intern with Stamford Downtown?  Melanie shares her first few weeks  experience.....

So far, I have really enjoyed working for The Stamford Downtown Special Services District. Like any successful business, it does get a little hectic sometimes, but overall I enjoy the pace. I also find it interesting to be informed of new development plans and events.
One challenge I have encountered is adapting to the way other people are organized and learning how to understand certain directions. I always try to follow up with several questions if I'm ever unsure about the task I've been given to avoid any confusion. I also find that prioritizing tasks helps get important projects done if I’m crunched for time. If I still have a few thing to finish up at the end of the day, sometimes I will stay a little later than 4 PM. During my first week, I realized that being part of a team is often times very helpful. Even having someone to talk to while stuffing envelopes really makes the job more fun. So, I learned to appreciate my coworkers.
I think my strengths are my dedication and my work ethic. One day I stayed after an extra hour in order to help out my boss. I think this shows dedication and responsibility because now I can be trusted with fulfilling large tasks. I think my weakness is my ability to become overwhelmed. I need to work on handling multiple tasks all at once.

Melanie, Cheryl & Shania


By: Melanie

 #stamforddowntown

No comments:

2017-2018 GUIDE

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Signal Box Interactive Map

Total Blog Pageviews

Stamford Downtown Events

Stamford Downtown Events
Stamford Downtown Events

Notes about listing an event:

Stamford Downtown Events listings are free and available to any business within the Stamford Downtown District zone or any Stamford non-profit event, Stamford charity event, Stamford free event. Information can be posted up to 1 month prior to your event. Posting is at the discretion of the DSSD. Submit JPEG of your event to ops2@Stamford-downtown.com

Disclaimer:

This blog is intended only for entertainment purposes. Users read and comment at their own risk. Stamford Downtown Special Services (DSSD) owns all copyrights to the contents of this blog, and copying or distributing such contents prior written permission is prohibited. DSSD assumes no liability whatsoever for anything that occurs because of information or opinion obtained from this blog. Nothing published herein is intended to harm the reputation of any member of the community. DSSD reserves the right to post or remove information or inappropriate comments.