Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer Intern Final Update by Taylor


Taylor and Bret Michaels 7/25/13


Intern Update #6
By: Taylor


As I am wrapping up my final week interning with the DSSD, I find myself doing just that!
For one of Stamford Downtown’s events, Grand Summer Night, all the people who come to the event are given `thank you’ gifts/favors, compliments of CONAIR Corp. All the favors need to be wrapped and allocated to each participating restaurant prior to the event. Thankfully, I love gift wrapping so this task is definitely not an unfavorable one. 
I’ve also been helping create a Board of Commissioners Handbook, along with organizing several things within the DSSD office, such as the events posters. It is going to be very sad to leave here at the end of this week, as I truly love this internship with all of the experience and opportunity it has given me. 
Throughout all of my weeks interning, the staff has been nothing but welcoming and always eager to help me learn new things. Thus, this is an internship that I would absolutely love to return to if given the chance. 

(editor's note:  We will miss Taylor -- Best of luck to her at school in the Fall!)

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here