Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Stamford with Love...


For Release:
contact: LinaMorielli.com


The Mayor's Gallery presents


Stamford with Love

a collection of atmospheric impressions of the City of Stamford by artist, Inna Linov

acrylic, ink and collage, paintings and drawings

July 2 - September 4, 2012
Artist's reception: Wednesday, July 18th, from 5 - 7pm
Mayor's Gallery, 10th floor, 888 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT. Gallery hours: Weekdays 9 - 5pm




Award winning artist, Inna Linov received her BFA from Svediovsk Art School in the USSR and her MFA at The Ural's State University, USSR. She has had solo exhibits in Israel and the Ukraine and group exhibits in the Czech Republic, New York City and locally in Stamford. She was awarded Best in show at the 62 Annual Art of the Northeast at Silvermine Guild in New Canaan, and Honorable Mentions at both the Stamford Art Association for Faces and Figures and at the Firehouse Gallery in Milford, CT for Abstractions.


Statement
Stamford has become my home since 2008; it inspires me and energizes me.
One finds history, innovation, and technology here. Those who know me, know that I prefer walking through town than riding a car and when I walk my eyes feast on points of interest which I try to capture in my paintings and drawings. My paintings are not a literal recording of what I see but are an atmospheric impression of what I feel about what I am documenting. I express my feelings through line, color, and texture. This collection of work is a tribute to the city of Stamford and its people, and also a thank you to Stamford for making me feel welcomed.

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here