Friday, February 18, 2011

Some of the local eats at Taste of Stamford on 2/17...



Capital Grille
#1 Place 2011 winner

Capital Grill offering Kona crusted filet Mignon with caramelized shallot butter and Lobster mac & cheese.  
Yummy for sure. Best m&c I've ever had.

Kona Grill offering Pork tenderloin baked with an almond crust and shitake mushroom sauce, salmon wasabi sashimi.  This was so tasty.

Tappo Restaurant offering Polpettine di Vitello (Veal meatballs with tomato sauce) and Gianduja (homemade hazelnut chocolate).  This was sooo good.  I had seconds.

Mitchell's Fish Market

Mitchell's Fish Market offering Chesapeake Bay Mini Crab Cakes with jalapeno corn tartar sauce & homemade 7 layer carrot cake.  I missed the carrot cake, but had the crab.  So good.  I have lunch plans there later today...


Well, if you missed it, I've given you a photo sampling of the yummy tastes that were tabled last night at the annual Stamford Chamber of Commerce Taste of Stamford. Make sure to mark your calendar to catch it next year--it's a real food orgy.   I really love this event, but not cause it gives me a reason to sample everything till my belt pops, rather because it really showcases all the terrific food available so close to home.  I think Stamford is one lucky place.
A  big shout out to all our local downtown restaurants that participated and did us proud.  (The Capital Grille, Kona Grill, Mitchell's Fish Market, Morton's The Steakhouse, SBC Downtown, Sam's American Bistro at the Stamford Marriott Hotel, Tappo Restaurant, and Telluride)  If I missed a shot of your favorite restaurant above, I promise to get you next time... 

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here