Monday, September 14, 2009

At summer's end...

Summer is close to over, and for me, it's been eventful. I'll start by mentioning the 7 amazing Alive at 5 concerts, and the sculpture in the streets, but just this past weekend, Tony Bennett performed at the Palace! A couple of friends of mine had went to see him and were blown away. Amazed at the talent and the stamina he displayed, but mostly his old style. Well, I wasn't lucky enough to see him croon, but I did however get the chance to visit the The Arts and Crafts on Bedford yesterday. It ran the whole weekend, but I waited till the sun came out on Sunday, to take the stroll. A large selection of vendors keep me bouncing around. What a terrific place to find an unique piece of jewelry, or a special gift. (I collected a few business cards since I know I will be looking for a special gift and will certainly search them on the web) Hubby and I had the best time just zig zagging about. Jewelry was my mission, so we seemed to stop for that more often. Found a quirky pair of earrings I bought from Sheryl Blais, who is my favorite booth this year. Love her jewelry.
If you like watercolor paintings, you couldn't go wrong at the Bob Callahan Design tent. The most fabulous "island" watercolors have the power to transport you to the bluest waters, and whitest sands. So, after meandering down Bedford Street, my husband and I stopped for a bite at Butterfield 8. We dined on their extended outdoor patio (I knew it was extended cause they email-blasted me so), and watched the other fair-goers shop around. Most memorable of the meal was a salt & pepper calamari. Served with specks of red and green peppers nestled inside a deep fried shell. It was just the right spicy and just the right crunchy. It was fun to casually linger at the fair. A nice end to an eventful summer...

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here