Friday, March 27, 2009

Jerry Springer comin to town




As recently published on the Capitol Watch/CT Politics website, it's quoted that NBC Universal is negotiating with the state to help build a large television production studio at the Rich Forum Theater. The deal would create 150 to 200 jobs and an initial infrastructure investment in excess of $3 million to the state.
"This is terrific news for the state and for Stamford - it will bring much-needed jobs, revenue and excitement and we're proud as a peacock to pull it off," Jodi Rell said in a statement. "This is good news at a time when we need good news, and my Administration will continue to do all it can to bring good, dependable jobs to the state.''


Wow. This seems like good news to me. It' s too bad that some others don't think so. I am hoping that this will save the Stamford Center for the Arts. Better yet, it will mean more people eating, shopping, buying services and staying at our hotels--wow. I'm all for a thriving downtown as a result of welcoming NBC.


I've watched Jerry Springer once or twice. It's not the type of show I would TiVo, but I am sure there are some people who need a daily dose of Jerry. Somehow, when watching how horrible some people can treat each other it makes me think of how lucky I am that I am not them! Enough philosophizing. I would have bet money on it that it was all scripted, but a good source tells me those unlucky participants are the real deal--just nudged to the edge I suppose. Check out what Steven had to say and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here