Saturday, July 16, 2016

Summer Intern corner is back for another year! Melanie's first few weeks:

 What is it like to be a summer intern with Stamford Downtown?  Melanie shares her first few weeks  experience.....

So far, I have really enjoyed working for The Stamford Downtown Special Services District. Like any successful business, it does get a little hectic sometimes, but overall I enjoy the pace. I also find it interesting to be informed of new development plans and events.
One challenge I have encountered is adapting to the way other people are organized and learning how to understand certain directions. I always try to follow up with several questions if I'm ever unsure about the task I've been given to avoid any confusion. I also find that prioritizing tasks helps get important projects done if I’m crunched for time. If I still have a few thing to finish up at the end of the day, sometimes I will stay a little later than 4 PM. During my first week, I realized that being part of a team is often times very helpful. Even having someone to talk to while stuffing envelopes really makes the job more fun. So, I learned to appreciate my coworkers.
I think my strengths are my dedication and my work ethic. One day I stayed after an extra hour in order to help out my boss. I think this shows dedication and responsibility because now I can be trusted with fulfilling large tasks. I think my weakness is my ability to become overwhelmed. I need to work on handling multiple tasks all at once.

Melanie, Cheryl & Shania


By: Melanie

 #stamforddowntown

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here