Monday, March 31, 2014

Dance with me....

Guess who's having a birthday!
Dance with Me turns 2 on April 16



A little apprehensive, but don't really know why.  I joined a Tuesday dance party at Dance with Me this past week.  Grabbed the hand of David, one of the owners of DWM for a private lesson. As a person growing up in the 80's, I've had my share disco days, but not much on the Cha Cha, Fox Trot or Rumba. 

The lesson started with David asking me a few questions.   3 things about me....what type of music do I like, what kind of person am I one other I can't remember because my gaze at David was so transcendent.
So because I'm not the most coordinated, David was in for a challenge.  "Stand tall" he said.  Posture is so important.

As he twirled me around the floor, we engaged in conversation about the journey DWM has taken these past 2 years.  

After my lesson, the lights dimmed and the Tues night dance party began. Couples all gathered on the floor and began to circle around.  At least 6 couples were there, but don't need a partner to party.  It all comes together when you get there.  

As the winter turns to spring, why not try some thing new- change up your Aerobic routine. Everyone needs a good twirl every now and then. 



 #stamforddowntown

Dance with Me Stamford 
20 Summer Street
Phone: 203-674-8100
Fax: 203-674-8100
www.dancewithmeusa.com

No comments:

Find our Advertisers in the annual Stamford Downtown Directory

2019-2020 GUIDE

Check out these special menus from Stamford Tables

Parking in Stamford Downtown

Stamford Downtown Demographics

Stamford Downtown Signal Box Brochure

Stamford Downtown Event info

Check out our full Calendar for more events - click here
Sign up for email blasts - click here